There are no ugly women, only lazy ones _ Helena Rubenstein

July 13, 2010

12 Steps to Recovery

Hi. I’m Sistercurl and I’m a product junkie.

Hello Sistercurl!

That’s the first step to recovery: admitting you have a problem. I’m also a hair tutorial junkie too. Not a day goes by I’m not on YouTube seeing who is doing what with their hair and what they are using. And why stop with hair? What about makeup and outfits of the day? I could spend hours watching videos and reading beauty blogs while my life passes me by and I still don’t look or dress any better.

I’ve devised a 12-step recovery plan to take back control of my life. The key is repetition and ritual. I want to use the same products, the same way until I run out to see how my hair reacts instead of switching up every week with a different shampoo, conditioner or styling product. I’ll begin with the stuff I have:

1. Pre-poo with virgin coconut oil and Oyin Handmade’s Honey Hemp conditioner.  Jamyla from Oyin has a nice instructional video.

2. Detangle with wide tooth shower comb.

3. Co-wash with Honey Hemp.

4. Deep treatment with MJ’s Rapid Recovery and when all that is gone, the Honey Hemp.

5. Kinky Curly Knot Today as a leave-in.

6. Work in sections. Section my hair as I detangle and put it in four to six twists until I’m ready to style.

7. Style. Here is the only time to vary what I do (flat twists, two-strand twists, finger comb, etc. I’ve got three styling aids I need to use up before I buy more and I plan to use them in this order: MJ’s Curly Pudding, IC Fantasia Gel and Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz.

8. Do more protective hair styles.

9. No heat styling, no matter the temptation.

10. Moisturize dry hair with shea butter and my coconut oil.

11. Retwist hair at night, gently! Bag it and cap it. I’m in Colorado and I’ve found sleeping in a plastic cap helps retain moisture to my hair and the satin cap or scarf is just for ascetics.

12. Keep credit cards and debit card far from the computer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog