There are no ugly women, only lazy ones _ Helena Rubenstein

November 19, 2010

Quick hair style change and new video

I finally filmed a video. I was emboldened after my meeting with a good friend of mine who is also natural. We've been sharing our natural hair challenges for a while now and we want to start a blog and eventually have a meetup here in Denver for Colorado curlies. Unlike our sisters on the East Coast or West Coast, we live in a very dry climate so keeping moisture in our hair is a big challenge. My friend pulled out her camera and filmed me on the spot and then I filmed her.

When I got home, I tried something with my hair. Although my friend had assured me it looked good as it was, I wasn't feeling it. I had to go to a sorority community event on a college campus. I knew I'd be entering the world of weaves and wigs and I needed to represent. My hair was very dry anyway so I pulled out Old Faithful _ Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream. Slathered it on my hair in sections, twisted them up, rolled the twists with flexirods and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. It was a quick, down and dirty change up and fortunately it worked!  I was taking pictures of it with the iMac Photo Booth and decided to hit the video record button.......


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog